Thursday, March 03, 2005

4 8 15 16 23 42

Again I am LOST!

Episode 18 - Numbers

4 8 15 16 23 42

I am tired of guessing. The facts that interest me are

Episode 19 - Deus Ex Machina (Latin for "God from the machine"). This episode will center on Locke (BTW, John Locke is the name of a English philosopher). The title is so tantilizing that ABC is going to make us wait for a LONG LONG time (April 13 according to TV Tome). Some quick notes are:
  • Deus Ex Machina refers to an implausible ending where everything is solved and justice is served.
  • The episode title is also similar to the title of Chapter 48 of Watership Down "Dea ex Machina." (Watership Down is the book that Sawyer was reading that came from Boone's suitcase).

Facts provided by TV Tome

2 comments:

CYC said...

I AM LOST!! How can you remember so many details? I know what you are talking about, but if you want me to say it, I won't be able to describe as great as you. You make me more excited to wait for episode 19 to see if this show will solve anything. Hope I won't be disappointted.

Yung-Chang Tan said...

Oh! Well... I am just a bit disappointed with episode 19 because it was hyped to stratosphere when the title was revealed to me. As it turned out, nothing was explained! So we know how John Locke lost his kidney, but how is that related to getting paralyzed. Moreover, we got nothing out of the hatch. Hey, writers, you can't just add more mystery without some revelation!

Skiing at Winter Park