Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Duratec 35

Here is the interesting link of duratec 35 in wikipedia. This is the first time I come across this info outside Ford. Of course, we can still google Duratec 35 to find some other links. For example, I found another good piece of analysis in a response to Why No V-8 in Ford 500. For succinct answers, they are
  1. It won't fit.
  2. No transmission available to handle the load.
  3. Worse fuel economy.
  4. Duratec 35 is due.
  5. Horsepower race is insane!
  6. Too much to handle in the launch besides CVT, flexible production system, etc.

Back in wikipedia, there is also a list of Ford engines, which is quite comprehensive to me. The Duratec family page is also very resourceful. These are actually digression from my interest in the Flat Engine that I first saw it from Porsche at Auto Show (pardon my ignorance).


2 comments:

CYC said...

How can you have time to post everyday? I don't even have time to check my Yahoo e-mail...

Yung-Chang Tan said...

To Chien,
How about come work at Ford? :)

Skiing at Winter Park